This is a small magnetic acclimation/isolation box. It measures 5.5″ x 3.5″ x 4 7/8″ inside. This box is designed to sit with it’s top at the water line and help separate small animals or anemones for the purposes of acclimation or temporary isolation. The magnets are pre-coated resin neodymium N50 high strength magnets capable of holding on less than 1/2″ glass (1/2″ might work). The front “door” is removable and allows for easy access in the box for cleanup purposes. It is an acrylic panel that comes in either clear or fluorescent orange and allows also easy visibility in the box. The holes are approximately 1/4″. This is ideal for smaller animals and anemones.
- High quality N50 neodymium magnets.
- Designed for small animals and anemones as a temporary isolation or acclimation solution.
- Front door is acrylic sheet.
- Side holes are approximately 1/4″.
- There are 4 pairs of magnets helping hold the box well with no sliding.
Please allow a few days from ordering before shipping as I have to print the part and cut the acrylic for the door. The printing of the part alone is over 14 hours(!).
* Clear color is essentially PLA with no added color. It’s translucent but not transparent (like glass or acrylic).
** When you choose “Other” as a color, please leave me a message in your order with what you like. Keep in mind that a color that I don’t have in hand will delay the shipping of your order by 2-3 business days so I can get the color in.
*** Please also note that when dealing with acrylic, although care will be exercised, there is a chance of a small defect or scratch. It won’t be anything serious but rather minute in nature and invisible in water.