This is a small magnetic acclimation/isolation box with unique EZRemove mechanism. Inspired by the anemone grower “FarmerTy”, it features an easily removable center box with “living hinges”. This allows it to flex open very easy. To install, it slides in the center whole and holds snugly. This design encourages the animal to plant it’s foot in the “protected”, recessed and dark center removable box. When it’s time to remove the animal from this enclosure, simply pop the EZRemove box out of the slot and open it up to easily release the anemone’s foot.
The big box measures 4″ x 4″ x 2″ inside. The EZRemove box is 2″ x 2″ x 2″. The magnets are pre-coated resin neodymium N50 high strength magnets capable of holding on less than 1/2″ glass (1/2″ might work). The hinges of the EZRemove box will take quite a few openings and closings before they give out. For that reason, two EZRemove boxes are shipped with every acclimation box to get you started and more can be purchased on demand.
- High quality N50 neodymium magnets.
- Designed for holding anemones.
- Printed out of reef safe, PLA.
- EZRemove box is designed to easily remove and open up to allow for detachment of the animals foot virtually no stress.
- Side holes are approximately 1/4″.
- There are 2 pairs of magnets helping hold the box well with no sliding.
Please see the magnet disclaimer before ordering.
Please note that these are made on demand. The printing of the part alone is over 14 hours(!) so allow for some time from ordering to shipping.
* Clear color is essentially PLA with no added color. It’s translucent but not transparent (like glass or acrylic).
** When you choose “Other” as a color, please leave me a message in your order with what you like. Keep in mind that a color that I don’t have in hand will delay the shipping of your order by 2-3 business days so I can get the color in.
*** Please also note that when dealing with acrylic, although care will be exercised, there is a chance of a small defect or scratch. It won’t be anything serious but rather minute in nature and invisible in water.